We offer a range of services to expecting families to help you throughout the course of your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period. Not sure what you need to do or know, or how much it costs? We can explain what services are right for you and tell you more about our fees. Get in touch below.
We provide comprehensive midwifery services in the privacy of your own home which include:
- Prenatal care: Monthly, bi-monthly and/or weekly visits in your home to evaluate your health and that of your baby through the course of your pregnancy.
- Labor and birth (including water birth option): Your birth team arrives in active labor to help assess and monitor your progress throughout your delivery and until you and your baby are stable.
- Postpartum care: This includes 5 to 6 in-home postpartum visits for you and your newborn throughout the first 6 weeks postpartum. We provide the options of lactation support, newborn screening, pulse oximetry, and referrals if needed. Note: hearing screening is not available.
For women who desire a more personalized yearly physical, we provide well-woman exams at your convenience. Theses exams may include the following depending on your needs:
- Pap smear and pelvic exam
- Well-woman exam (i.e. breast exam, head-to-toe physical assessment, Pap smear, etc.)
- Lab work: pre-conception or yearly physical ordered**. An example of possible labs ordered could be: metabolic screening, pregnancy evaluation of threatened miscarriage, thyroid panel, etc. **NOTE: Abnormal findings would need to be followed-up and/or treated with your primary care provider.
Ask About Optional Services
On occasion, we provide the following services to the community. Feel free to inquire if these services are available:
- Doula services by a licensed midwife for planned, unmedicated hospital births.
- Placenta encapsulation for families desiring alternative options to postpartum mood disorders.
- Pre-conception counseling and health assessment (i.e. nutritional support, herbal options, hormone evaluation, pelvic exam, ultrasound and labs ordered and reviewed.
- Postpartum doula support by a trained postpartum specialist.
- Lactation support by a licensed midwife.
- NOTE: Availability dependent on midwife’s client load for the month in which you require services.